Sunday, January 27, 2008

The KIIT graduation ceremony post

This post will be updated with the latest information related to my graduation ceremony as soon as it becomes available. After updates are made it will be reposted, here is some background info on the ceremony:

They plan to have it Inshallah (by the will of God) on February 3, 2008. I first mentioned my undergrad college in the Patrick Stewart Post. I had a great time during my time at KIIT, I loved it and it loved me back. So here’s the lowdown and a nifty countdown timer just for you:




January 08: Got an email from the admin office saying that we are going to have a graduation ceremony

January 09: My friends from college are all a buzz, we’re going to have a blast!

January 10: Got official invitation in the mail, need to confirm my family’s seats.

January 12: Made photocopies of my guest’s NIC (National Identification Card) cards. They’re needed for registering the seats. Only 2 guests allowed per graduate, bummer.

January 15: Need to start looking for the driver of my digital camera and fill in the registration form.

January 18: I found the driver for my digital camera on the Internet. I lost the CD that came with it which is necessary to transfer pictures to my PC. So thank god for the internet now I just have to install it.

January 21: I submitted the registration form in person. You could have faxed, mailed or even emailed it in. But I wanted to meet with my former teachers. It’s my birthday today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

January 25: The Guest of Honor has been confirmed for the ceremony. This honored guest happens to be my professor at my graduate college. He’s a very senior member of Pakistan’s academic community and was consulted when they were forming KIIT. I flunked his class the first time (everyone falls the first time) and had to repeat it. I passed the course the second time around, yay me!

No comments: