Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Listen to what your heart tells you

Often times when making a decision, no matter how small, we don't listen to our feelings and go with what is perceived as the "logical" course of action. At times that is the right thing to do however if its constantly done you unintentionally erode your happiness. This leads to frustration because you are not able to do what you want to do. (Oh I can't watch that movie I have to get up early in the morning).

I say to go with your emotions. If you really want to do something go for it. Forget the voice that tells you about dire consequences. If it makes you happy you will have the motivation to overcame all obstacles.

I guess that's why people find travelling to be so enjoyable. It's the one time you are able to break out of your routine and do what you want to do. The feeling of freedom is liberating. Which does you good, by making you a more positive and balanced individual.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting perspective - and gives me something to think about right now.

vince said...

I agree with you up to a point. Sometimes just doing what your heart tells you can conflict with obligations - and here I'm thinking of mostly of family obligations.

But certainly when you're younger and single, I think following your heart is a good idea. You don't want to reach the end of your life and think "I wish I had..."

Unknown said...

That goes along the lines of "everything in moderation"

btw this new keyboard is fun to type with tappa tappa!