Saturday, April 26, 2008

Weekend Assingment #213

Mystery novels are too hard to follow, dragons are cool, vampires are scary, and science fiction is da bomb. I tried reading Moby Dick the cultural references go way over my head I tried plowing through but couldn't stand reading another reference to hypos, pistol and ball, or skylarking! Surprisingly though I was able to finish 20,000 leagues under the sea and war of the worlds. Partly because they talked about technology enough times to keep me interested.


I like watching action movies with spies in them same goes for biographies. Although I did enjoy reading the exploits of Bat Masterson as he grew up in the wild west. My technical books don't have the word dummy in their titles. Mostly they have a practicioners approach or field guide or the authoritative edition etc. I like to escape that's why I read novels although I keep in touch with the real world with various online newspapers.


I tend not to lend my books to other people, nor do any of my co-workers. They say they will just to be nice but they never do. So I wind up buying it for myself.


=========================================================
Want to learn more about the weekend assingment?
Then check out Karen's Blog!=========================================================

3 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I don't think I've ever seriously attempted Moby Dick. My husband did, but he didn't get far.

Unknown said...

He has my sympathies!

Kiva said...

I agree. I'll take 2000 Leagues Under the Sea over Moby Dick any day.