Friday, February 29, 2008

Weekend Assingment #205

My family and I don't like pets. I've never had one in my life. The only contact I had with critters were squirrels in the backyard, crows in the garbage can and stray cats up in trees. However there was this one time when I was mowing the lawn and I nearly shredded a turtle. The first glimpse I caught of it was when it started climbing up a fence to get away from the approaching blades. Of course the poor thing couldn't get far and just hung there for dear life. Luckily I noticed something small and black thrashing around and managed to cut the motor just in time.



The closest thing I had to a pet were mealworms given to me as a science project by my science teacher. We were suppose to take the little buggers home and take care of them for a week. I was suppose to change the oats they lived (and secreted) in every so often. But I couldn't bring myself to touching the squiggly smelly mealworms. Soon enough mold started growing inside of the container and they began to die. As you can guess I didn't get a good grade on that project.


The only type of pets we seriously considered getting were fishies, but we never bothered getting any.


As far as the extra credit is concerned, I stated my preferences in this post. So you'll find me siding with the felines.

=========================================================Want to learn more about the weekend assingment? Then check out Karen's Blog!=========================================================

4 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Can't say I blame you about the mealworms. But I'm glad you didn't hit the turtle the the mower. I somehow ended up in charge of a semi-wild turtle once, but my neighbor's big brother promptly set it free. Minutes later it was hit by a car and killed.

Anonymous said...

That's what happens when people are given living things and aren't prepared for them. Not that I'm shedding a lot of tears for the mealworms.

I don't have a turtle story, but many years ago, I was shooting arrows at a target with my friend's bow in the country. I missed the target (I was always a terrible shot) and went to retrieve the arrow. When I dug it out of the ground, I saw that I had very neatly speared a frog.

Unknown said...

"That's what happens when people are given living things and aren't prepared for them."

Well when you put it that way I guess me and Britney Spears do have something in common ;)

Kiva said...

Mealworms as pets... bird dinner, maybe, pet? I don't think so.