Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My take on Will Smith’s “I am Legend”


Will Smith and Sci-Fi movies go hand and hand. He certainly has made a name for himself in this genre. I liked him in Independence Day, his performance was great in I, Robot although the story did not live up to the hype. When I heard that he was coming out with another SF movie I got the DVD as soon as possible, here are my thoughts:


I can relate to this movie because I too had to lock my self up in my house as the rioters and thieves took to the streets after Bhutto’s assassination you could read about my eyewitness account here. What I didn’t tell you was that thieves actually came to my house trying to get me to open my door using the pretense that they needed help with their broken car. I told them to get lost.

Getting back to the review I got teary eyed after watching a scene in which Will Smith is feeling the effects of social deprivation and has resorted to talking to mannequins as if they were real people. When he approaches a female dummy and says hello he doesn’t get a response. He recently lost his only companion, his dog Samantha, so he gets really emotional and pleads with the dummy “Please say hello.” Let me tell you that’s some damn good acting. My recommendation would be to go see the movie, if you haven’t already. Also don’t leave me hanging tell me what you think about the movie, say hello by leaving a comment.

No comments: