Saturday, March 21, 2009

15 Minutes of Silence.


Please take a moment to remember efforts made by UNICEF the world over
Take a moment to remember your loved ones
Take a moment to remember happy days
Take a moment to remember LK & BK
Take a moment to remember

Tomorrow, Friday 3/20/09, we take the UCF blogs offline for the day. Sort of a moment of silence. We each post something along the lines of:

Yesterday, one of our members suffered a terrible personal tragedy. Out ofrespect for her loss, the UCF member blogs will be offline today. Our thoughts and prayers are with her. We will return tomorrow.

Manana
I'd like to share a story from my past. The year was 1996 my Uncle died from a suspected heart attack. Various family obligations caused him tremendous amounts of grief. Plus he smoked, ate raw tobacco and ate fatty foods. He was a lover of fine arts, he taught me the meaning of "Eat, Drink and be Merry". I just hope me, my family, my relatives, my associates, my friends all leave a legacy which they can be proud of. I want to look back on my life and be glad that I tried where others failed, soared where others ducked, Drank from the elixir of life where others shunned the miseries of death. My nuclear family warmly recommends Disney's "The Lion King". God speed to us all.

No comments: