Thursday, December 11, 2008

I am having a bad hair day…

And other note worthy events:

Today’s the last day of Eid-ul-Adha. It begins with the culmination of the Hajj (3 million pilgrims this year!). I was busy celebrating the past couple of days. This holiday is marked with the giving and sharing of meat. The faithful are encouraged to give a third of their share to the poor. While the remaining portion can be reserved for personal use.

Naturally, barbeques are really big this time of year. We’re heading over to my uncle’s house during the weekend, meat will be served. In the meantime I am using the time off to catch up on my thesis. Because for me, happiness is not flunking out of school.

2 comments:

mattw said...

Meat is always a good thing.

vince said...

As is not flunking out of school.