Thursday, August 21, 2008

Heart ache

I had my heart broken. People I trusted played with my emotions to get their way. It's a stab in the back that hurts immensely. As much as I don't want to, I feel depressed. I tell myself to snap out of it but can't. I need to grieve only then can the healing begin.

I won't go into the specifics but let's just say innocence has been lost. I've been antiquated with the ways of the world. I hope I don't become cynical because I am an optomist and always look for the silver lining. I came out of this experience stronger and wiser. I've taught myself how not to let some one control me like that again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saqib, I'm so sorry.

Times like this suck, and you just have to keep going.

May I recommend the Lois McMaster Bujold novella "The Mountains of Mourning" - a masterpiece?

Anonymous said...

I found an online version of the novella (Baen has done good work in this area). I'll download it and check it out. Thanks.

Hope your router problems are solved.

Shawn Powers said...

My all time favorite bumper sticker is simply, "Mean People Suck".

So simple, so true.

Anonymous said...

couldn't agree more. thanks man.

kimby said...

Saqib, I'm sorry.
I would send you real chocolate but it would be melted by the time it got to you...so here is virtual chocolate...it is better for you anyways..and you can eat as much as you want!

Unknown said...

mmm...yummy!

Unknown said...

virtual choclate was pioneered by willy wonka...

Unknown said...

"The Mountains of Mourning" was really good. I wish all of our elected officials would show that much concern for their people.

Anonymous said...

I loved the message - that you keep going on, and things eventually improve, even in the face of tremendous resistance.

Plus, Lois is a fabulous writer. :)