Thursday, May 15, 2008

Things you should do

Thing #1: You should suck on a mint while drinking kool-aid. Its minty fresh!

Thing #2: You should mix kool-aid powder with club soda. mmm...fizzy kool-aid

I wanted to see if the club soda would take on the taste of the powder. I turns out that it does.
However care should be taken when mixing the two ingredients. They'll give you an explosive reaction! Just 2 tablespoons of powder and a gulp worth of club soda filled the entire glass with foam. Fun to watch not so much fun to clean up. Once the foam died down I slowly added more soda. Once that was done I mixed the two together until the sugar dissolved.

The resulting drink wasn't that bad. However It turns out that all that escaping carbon left the drink with a flat texture. Which kinda sucked. Does anyone now how to perfect the technique of mixing kool-aid with club soda?

6 comments:

Random Michelle K said...

Make a slurry of the kool-aid and water first, so you have a thick syrup. That should keep the soda from reacting as quickly.

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea. You aren't a chemist by any chance?

Random Michelle K said...

Nope. 100% Jack of all Trades.

But I did take chemistry through Organic. (shudder)

vince said...

Michelle, I liked chemistry. But I did have a few mishaps in the lab, like making a misyake so that chlorine gas was released and an evacuation occured. Oh, and did you know that the explosive liquid used to make gun cotton (you soak cotton balls in it, let them dry, then throw them - they go BOOM) is unstable in its liquid state and you shouldn't leave it in the lab over the weekend?

Now you know why I'm not a chemist.

Anonymous said...

I remember this one time a bunch of kids were messing around with firecrackers. I was like that looks like fun can I have one? They were like no you're not cool enough. I was like please. So they gave me some.

I stuffed them in my pocket and took them to class. I don't know how they slipt out but they did and they landed at my teacher's feet! I was told to pick them up immediately. not cool.

I wasn't given firecrackers again.

Random Michelle K said...

Vince--I set the lab on fire in high school. Does that count?