Saturday, February 9, 2008

Weekend Assingment #202

I usually write about action and adventure with a sci-fi twist. To tell you the truth I tend to stear clear of all this lovy dovy stuff, it's highly illogical. But that's not to say that I don't have a heart yes even with all my superior intellect I too can become overcome with emotion. So here goes:

A love story that I found inspiring would be the tale of Laila El-Haddad. Her story is a real life drama set in the hostile city of Gaza. You can learn more about her by going to her blog (check out "Raising Yousuf, Unplugged: diary of a Palestinian mother" in the blog roll). After reading her story I soon saw that my problems didn't amount to a hill of beans compared to what she had to go through just to perserve her family. It makes you thankful for everything that you have.

Oh and I have no comments on the extra credit :)

3 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I knew you have a heart! ;) I enjoyed the pictures of Yousef and baby Noor over on her blog. It really is a very different life from mine, but one that's full of love.

Unknown said...

Yes babies are wonderful and they can smell nice at times!

Kiva said...

Thanks for the lead to Lailah El-Haddid's blog. It takes a lot of strong love to live in that situation.